Monday, July 04, 2011

The 4th (Thus Far)

I realized today that I really love the 4th of July.

I love seeing all the American flags hanging up. 
I love singing the National Anthem and saying The Pledge of Allegiance.
I love the parades and BBQ's and fireworks.
It's a great opportunity to sit and remember that America rocks.

Every year they have the Freedom Festival, and they have a ton of festivities that you can go to.  I wanted to go to the Balloon Festival, so this morning, I got my butt out of bed at 5:00 AM to see the balloons.  My little sisters, Aubrey and Ashley, slept over last night, and the rest of my family met us there (well for the parade.)  I was really excited because this year they had a  . . . wait for it . . . Darth Vadar balloon.  How freakin cool is that?!

The sad thing about the festival today was that it was really windy and overcast so they weren't able to let any of the balloons go up in the air.  They still blew them up, which was nice, because I would have been pretty sad if I wouldn't have been able to see the Darth Vadar balloon.







See the wind blowing in this one? It was probably a good thing they didn't let the balloons go up.



After the balloon festival, we hit up the Mickey D's for some breakfast and waited for the parade to start. The parade was pretty good.  They had some cool floats and some cool characters walking in it.










Yeeeaaahh Star Wars.


Umm, I want that costume.



To Be Continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...