Friday, January 21, 2011

Do you ever wonder . . .

(Courtesy weheartit.com)

Periodically I will contemplate my life.  Just stop and think about where I am, what I'm doing, if I'm really happy, what I could do better, stuff like that.  Last night was one of those nights.  I was driving home from work, thinking about my life.  I won't go into the boring details of all I thought but I did think of something that I've been thinking about lately that's kinda an interesting thought.

One day I was at work, and one of the supervisors was introducing us to people that also worked there that I had never met because normally I work at night, and most normal people work in the day.  So anyways, he said, "Have you ever wondered if you were to meet yourself, if you would like yourself?" and then introduced us to the person who was like him. He, fortunately, liked her. 

But it got me thinking.  If I were to meet me, would I like me?

It reminds me of a story from when I was little.  It was when I still lived in AZ, so I was young, maybe 3 or 4 and we had gone to Chuckie Cheese, or someplace like that.  I was trying out my skills at the skee ball machine, and I had just finished when I looked over to the side and I see a girl.  She's my age, brown hair and brown eyes, just like me, and she was looking at me too.  I smiled and she smiled.  I was thinking I had made a new friend.  She waived and I waived at the same time. I was thinking, "Holy cow! We should be friends because we think exactly alike."  I wanted to go say hi so I started walking towards her and she started walking towards me.  We were getting closer and closer until . . .

I ran into a mirror.

After that I remember my mom coming over and I was rubbing my head (because it hurts when you walk into a mirror) and apparently she had seen the whole thing because she was laughing hysterically, but trying to ask me if I was ok and what I was doing.  I had just wanted to be friends with the girl who I met playing skee ball.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...