Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lemonade

I think it's ironic that my goal for last week was to find happiness in the little things.  I must have been inspired when I made that goal because Heavenly Father knew something challenging was coming my way. Life is really good at handing out lemons, and sometimes it gives you a lemon so big you think there is no way you are going to get any lemonade from it.  I know it's all part of life.  Life is challenging.  It's supposed to be that way, and I get that.  I 100% believe that everything we go through can be a learning experience and make us a better person if we let it.  This week has tried me, heart and soul.  There have been many tears and many moments of prayer as I've been on my knees begging my Heavenly Father to make everything be okay.  It's hard seeing someone you love, someone you would do anything for, go through something and knowing there is little you can do to help because they have to do it by their self.  

I know there is much to be grateful for after this week, and I recognize those tender mercies.  Those tender mercies are what is seeing me through.  I'm not trying to be all 'Whoa is me' or anything like that, and I'm sure everyone has had those moments where all they want to do is scream at the top of their lungs because they don't know what else to do.  These moments remind us we're human and that we're learning and that life is a test and dang hard one at that.  But even though the test is hard and the lemons are bitter, there are always tender mercies to remind us that there is a way to make lemonade, even out of the most bitter lemon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...