Sunday, December 04, 2011

Tis the Season for Christmas Movies

It's December and you know what that means?  It's time to whip out the ole' Christmas movies!  So, without further ado, here are the top 8 Christmas movies of all time (in the opinion of Sam).


1.  Elf.  I can't go the holiday season without watching this movie at least 3 times.  At least.  So many great quotable things.  "It's just like Santa's workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms... and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me..." "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" "What about santa's cookies? I suppose parents eat those too?" "Smiling's my favorite."

2.  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I love Aunt Bethany. 

Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace. 
Aunt Bethany: [turns to Lewis] What, dear? 
Nora: Grace! 
Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago. 
Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace. 
[Bethany shakes her head in confusion
Uncle Lewis: The BLESSING! 
Aunt Bethany: [they all pose for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands/ One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. 
Clark: Amen.




3. Jack Frost.  Dad turned snowman.  Funny and charming.  Yes, I just used the word charming, which let's you know that it really is.  The soundtrack for this movie is also great.




4.  The Grinch with Jim Carey.  Oh my gosh, love this movie!  
The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear? 




5.  The Family Stone.  I feel that, to an extent, this is my family. 




6.  The Muppet Christmas Carol.  This is by far the best Christmas Carol made. "Light the lamp, not the rat! LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT!!"



7.  The Family Man.  If you haven't seen this, you should.  Such a good story.  I'm not the biggest fan of Nicolas Cage (it's the voice. Gaaaahhh!) but he does a good job in this.




8.  And my personal favorite, It's a Wonderful Life. I love Love LOVE this movie.  Isn't it such a great story of the impact one person can have?  Every time I hear a bell ringing, I think of this movie.



Any other favorites I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...