Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Overcast days make me happy.

This is gonna be one random blog post.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  At all. 

First things first, it's mostly overcast today and that makes my happy.  Don't get me wrong, I love the sun, but overcast days are my favorite.



Secondly, on a much more exciting note, WEEZER IS DOING A CRUISE! HA! How cool is that?  It's in January, and I have no idea where they're going, but does it really matter?  It's Weezer.  For only $799, I could be jammin' out to The Sweater Song in the middle of a tropical ocean.  Too bad I am a poor college student.



Thirdly, I watched Penelope last night/today, and I just have to say that I love that movie.  It's a really cute story with a really good message.  I love Penelop's style, and I love Reese Witherspoon's hair, and I love all of James McAvoy.  Especially when he sings "You Are My Sunshine."



Fourth, I made a budget today.  Well, not a budget by the standard definition of a budget, but a plan to save money and pay off school and be better at spending.  Budgeting sounds like such a grownup word, and I sometimes listen to Disney music and think it's hilarious when someone farts in public, so clearly I'm not a grownup, BUT it is always good to be smart with money.  I took an amazing family finance class while attending USU and we had to read a book called "The Automatic Millionaire."  (It's such a great read, and actually pretty entertaining) that really changed my way of thinking about what I spend my money on.  Now I just need to apply it.


Fifth, I am making good on my goal to read the entire Book of Mormon by my birthday (October 25! BEST DAY EVER!)  I've missed a few days, so I might be a little behind, but it's been a great experience thus far.

Sixth, Sara Evan has always sung to my heart.  "I Keep Looking" is pretty much my life, and "Born to Fly" is my theme song.  It seems her lyrics are always something I need/relate to/are just great.  She has a newer one "A Little Bit Stronger" that has been my favorite lately, so I made this little thing for it.

Seventh, (and my final bit of randomness, I promise), it really makes my day when I check my email and see that people have commented on my blog.  Or when I notice a new follower.  I'm sure all people who blog feel that same way.  I didn't make this blog with the intention of writing for an audience, or trying to get followers, or anything like that, but it does make me happy that other people look at it, and care about what I have to ramble about.  So thanks.

Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep the randomness coming! I love that you blog almost everyday-and I think you are freakin hilarious and we have a lot in common even though I am an old maid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...