Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fireworks, Roses, and Missing Teeth.

Don't remind me that tomorrow is Monday. Ughhh.  Where did the weekend go? 

It was a great weekend though.  Saturday morning my sister ran her marathon, and then later that night Ashley and I hit up Texas Roadhouse and then Summerfest where we watched a pretty amazing firework show.  I love fireworks.  They make me feel like a little kid again.





I went home Sunday and had dinner with my family and watched I Am Number Four (which is different from the book.  Isn't it always?).  I saw that our rose bush was starting to bloom.  Most of the time I hate that thing because my mom doesn't believe in prunning or something, so it hangs over our porch and attacks you when you walk up.  But today, it was pretty.






Oh, and Aubrey lost her first tooth and got a $1 from the tooth fairy.  I remember when I was younger, my little sister Allison had lost a tooth.  She had put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy to take, and the next morning I woke up before her and decided to check under her pillow to see if the tooth fairy had come.  Under her pillow was a $50 dollar bill!  I felt a little jipped because all I ever got was $1, and her teeth weren't any better than mine.

Turns out what had happened is my mom had left money for a bill on the microwave the night before.  My other little sister, Briar, had decided she wanted to be the tooth fairy and had taken the money off of the microwave and put it under Allison's pillow.  Wouldn't it be nice if the tooth fairy really left $50 bills?

1 comment:

  1. i'm pulling one of teeth out tonight.. please tell briar. thanks.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...