Tuesday, May 03, 2011

hot dogs. oh, and I failed.

Ok, so I've kinda already messed up on the no sugar thing and it's only day 3.  I thought painting myself into a corner and putting it on my blog would help, but alas, it didn't.  (Sometimes I say alas in conversations because doesn't it sound fancy?)  But I realized that for me, quitting sugar cold turkey might not be the easiest, so I really just need to limit the amount to start with.  I think this will work a lot better for me because I won't feel deprived and the have a crazy sugar spree later.  So yeah, any tips on weaning yourself off sugar?  I think my first step is going to be just be more aware of what sugar I eat, and deciding whether I really want it.  This is something I want to do, I just need to be more realistic.

And on to other things, me and Ashley went up the canyon last night and roasted some hot dogs.  I helped build my first fire ever! Pretty exciting stuff.  I didn't burn the canyon down, so I think it went pretty good.



Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with my face in this one.



 Pondering the meaning of life.


2 comments:

  1. Sugar is definitely a cruel temptress... What's worked for me in the past is focussing on protein at breakfast/lunch (I rarely eat two meals a day so breakfast/lunch definitely count as one meal in my mind) then at supper I'll eat my salad/veggies, protein, yummy yummy carbs and then, and only then does dessert come into play.
    I let myself eat just about anything I want for dessert... It's worked for over a year, so I'd say it's a good thing! ;)

    Breakdown: One daytime meal, and a small protein focussed one, then a supper with lots of yummy veggies, protein, some carbs. Once you're full have a short break, but all day you can focus on that sweet sugary-laden dessert that you'll be able to eat after supper. It took me quite a while to get used to it, but I stuck it out like it was law and voila, a year later and sugar doesn't control me quite so much!

    Good luck!!!! Remember it's okay to have slip-ups, they're part of the learning experience!

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Biscuit, you're the best! It's nice to hear ideas and plans that people use that work for them. And thanks for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...