Monday, December 13, 2010

Someday We'll Know.

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were things like, astronaut, president or in my case a princess. 

When we were ten they asked us again we answered, rockstar, cowboy or in my case a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer.

Well, how about this, who the hell knows! 

This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love...alot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again, because nothing's permanent. 

So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be we won't have to guess, we'll know."

(I'm embarassed to say, but this is Angela's graduation speech from Eclipse.
Don't judge.)

I really like this. For multiple reasons.  I just can't even begin to tell all the experiences in my life that make this quote ring true for me.  

Do you know how many times I've changed my major?

7. At least.

How many times I said I was going to go on a mission?

3 or 4. Maybe more.

I was engaged. That didn't happen.

I felt like I was a mess who didn't know what I wanted with life.  I always thought I should know.  That I would be able to easily figure out what I wanted or should do.  I never could and I felt lost at times.

But I can say that answers do come.  Slowly, but surely.  I tried all the things I didn't want to do (school wise) and now I know teaching is what I want to do more than anything.  I know that I am exactly where I need to be right now.  

I always thought making mistakes was bad, but now I realize that mistakes were what got me here.





"It's not about who you've been with. 
It's about who you end up with. 
Sometimes the heart doesn't know what it wants 
until it finds what it wants."

Pam Beesley

1 comment:

  1. this was amazing.
    i srsly needed to hear this.
    i am still trying to find which 'exit' to take.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...