Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Promoting Phonemic Awareness


Do you know what phonemic awareness is?  If I wasn't in my Literacy Methods class I wouldn't either, so don't worry.  I think I should get extra credit for my title.  I saw a few people doing this little alphabet thing and I thought it looked fun, so I joined in the fad.  Apparently I'm a follower.

Age: 23.  (But not for long)

Bed size: Full.  So much nicer than the twins I've been sleeping in.

Chores that you hate: All of them.  But especially dishes.

Dogs:  Not right now.  Well my family has two, but I want to get a weiner dog and name it Weezer.  It will be awesome.

Essential to start your day: Going to the bathroom.  Best to start the day on an empty bladder.

Favorite colorBrown.  Turquoise.  Mustard Yellow.  Grey.

Gold or silver: Silver.

Height: 5'5" ish.  I swear I used to be 5'6" but I may be shrinking.

Instruments you play: When I was younger I took piano lessons.  I wish I would have kept it up because I could be Mozart right now.  Okay, not really.

Job title: Education consultant. HA! That sounds all fancy, but believe me it's not.

Kids: Negative.  

Live: In Utah.

Mothers name: Lynn Dee

Nicknames: Sam.  Shamansha.  Sanman.  

Overnight hospital stays: Nope.

Pet peeves:  Being late and retarded drivers.  These things test my patience. 

Quote from a movie or TV show:  "These mashed potatoes are so creamy" This is not my favorite, it was just the first one that came to my mind.  If you can name this movie you will be my best friend!

Right or lefty: Right!

Siblings:  Oldest of 8 and I wouldn't have it any other way.  5 sisters and 2 brothers and they all rock.

Time you wake up:  I'm up at 6:30 every morning.  Gross.  And because I've been waking up at that time for so long I can't sleep in anymore.

Underwear:  Yes.  I don't get what this means.


Vegetable you hate: Oh, this is easy.  PEAS!!!!

What makes you run late: Probably my alarm not going off.  I'm not late a lot because my mom believed in arriving everywhere an hour early and this is apparently genetic because I am that way too.


X-rays you've had: Arm and ankle.

Yummy food you make: I can make a pretty mean lasagna if I do say so myself.  

Zoo animal: Elephants.

My roommate went out of state this weekend and it was cleaning checks.  I told her I would clean her part of the kitchen since I was doing the other half anyways, so it wasn't a big deal at all.  Today I open my bedroom door and she had got me flowers and a thank you note.  So sweet, huh?  It made my day.



Also, random thought of the day:  Did you know that if you eat popcorn unpopped it has more calories than if you eat it popped?  I looked at the box and if I eat it unpopped it's 170 calories, but popped is 35.  Does that makes sense to anyone else?  Does popping corn make calories magically disappear?  One of life's mysteries, I guess. . .

3 comments:

  1. how sweet of your roomie! those flowers are sooo pretty :) i want to come visit them. lol


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. While You Were Sleeping ;)

    It is one of my very favorite films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are just gorgeous!

    Also, I'm pretty sure I'm shrinking too. I remember being told when I got my new driver's license at 18 that I was 5'4", but the doctor told me a week ago that I'm barely 5'3". So that's cool, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...