Tuesday, October 25, 2011
A Post Dedicated To: Myself.
When it's your birthday, you can dedicate posts to yourself.
Today is my birthday. I have officially been on this earth for 24 years. Weird. Do you remember when you were a kid and you would imagine what life would be like when you were "old"? I pictured I'd be all responsible and mature. Ha. I thought for sure I'd be married to a hot husband and have a baby by now. I thought I'd be done with school. None of those things have happened, but you know what, that's alright. Life has turned out better than I could have imagined. I am going to school for something that I know I will love (because I tried everything else in the process of getting there). I have an amazing family who I love to hang out with (because we rock). I have the best friends in the world (who rock). So here's to 24 years of life.
My friend Ashley said that she was going to ask my what I've learned this past year because she's very reflective like that. So, Ashley, here are 24 things I've learned (not necessarily in the past year):
1. String cheese tastes better when you string it. This is an important truth.
2. Sometimes it's okay to not have all the answers.
3. Your siblings really are your best friends.
4. When Heavenly Father says no, it's because he has something better ahead.
5. Who cares what people think (ok, still working on this one).
6. A smile can change someones day.
7. It's the little things
8. I am happy when I am doing
9. Mom's know a lot.
10. Crying feels really good sometimes.
11. I can't do everything, but that doesn't mean I can't do something.
12. Heavenly Father answers my prayers. All of them.
13. Turning up my music full blast and singing at the top of my lungs is fun.
14. Teaching a child something and seeing it click for them is the greatest accomplishment ever.
15. If you're dating a guy and he doesn't make you laugh, like the laugh so hard your stomach hurts laugh, dump him.
16. Books are amazing.
17. It is always better to tell the truth.
18. Climbing into a bed with freshly washed sheets is the best feeling ever.
19. To laugh at myself.
20. Mango's are freakin' amazing.
21. Be nice to people and they are usually nice back. If not, be nice anyways.
22. Lyrics. Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics.
23. Whenever I am having a bad day, I can put in The Office, and I'll usually start laughing.
24. It's okay to make mistakes.