Sunday, June 26, 2011

Remember

I once heard that remember is the most important word.  There is a scene from the movie "The Lion King."  Simba is trying to decide what he should do, whether he should go back to his home or not, and this scene takes place:


Rafiki: [after guiding Simba to a spot where he says will show him Mufasa] Look down there.
Simba: [looks into a pool of water] That's not my father. That's just my reflection. 

Rafiki: No, look harder.
[touches the water, as it ripples Simba's reflection changes to that of his father]
Rafiki: You see? He lives in you.
Mufasa's Ghost: [from above] Simba. 

Simba: Father?
Mufasa's Ghost: [apears among the stars] Simba, you have forgotten me.
Simba: No. How could I?
Mufasa's Ghost: You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life.
Simba: How can I go back? I'm not who I used to be.
Mufasa's Ghost: Remember who you are. You are my son, and the one true king. Remember...



It is so easy to forget why we are here.  It's easy to forget past feelings and promptings, and we get so caught up in the here and now that we forget.  I love those days when I remember. 

When I remember that I am a daughter of God, and that I have a purpose. 
When I remember that no matter what I've done, I'm loved and I'm wanted. 
When I remember why I am here and what really matters in life.

Somedays you just need those little reminders, and today was a reminder for me.  I hope, that if I do forget again, I remember soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...