Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Current Read

Ok, so remember how I was reading Lord of the Flies and it was taking me foooorrrreeeevvveeerrr to get through.  Well yesterday I finally finished it.  (enter cheers and hallelujah's here).  It wasn't that it was a bad book, I just wasn't drawn into it.  I think it was the way the author wrote.  He was British.  There was more killing at the end, so it got more entertaining (lol, ok I'm not really that gruesome).  It was really interested to see how these boys responded to the situation they were in, and see the fight for power.  He really brought up some interesting points about human nature.

I am really excited about my new current read.  I'm reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini.  I have heard so many good things about it, and I'm only about 11 pages into it, but I can tell I'm going to like it.  If you want to know about it click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. This is totally one of the best books ever! I understand what you mean, I also take forever to read certain books even though they're good. But this book, I was able to finish it in like two days. It totally changed my views on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i'm loving it already. it really is such a good book. so far anyways, ha. and everyone i talk to says it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...