Friday, October 29, 2010

Little Reminders

So, cool story.

Today I'm at the library and I'm trying to connect to the internet, but when I go to pull up the connections it says no connections are available. I go through all of the troubleshooting I can think of, I check everything on my computer, and nothing is getting it to work. I ask this guy who is sitting next to me if he's having any problems connecting and he said he was getting on just fine. He came over and helped me for a few minutes, restarted the computer, tried to get it connected again. Nothing. He left and I try a few more things. Still nothing. At this point, I'm getting a little frustrated because I really need the internet. Yes, I could pack up my stuff and walk downstairs and use the computer there, but a) I really didn't want to, and b) if it's not finding any connections that means it's probably something wrong with my computer or wireless card or something like that.

So, not knowing what else to do, I shut down my computer and said a prayer.

I waited a few minutes, and turned my computer back on. And guess what.

IT WORKED!!!

Just like that, it was up and working again, as if nothing had happened.

Now, I know that having the internet work on your computer is not a big deal. And that worse things could happen. But it's the simple tender mercies like this that just make me stop and think for a second. God does hear our prayers. He answers our prayers. He answers my prayers. Samantha Polly's prayers. Even simple, seemingly meaningless prayers to get the internet connection working on my laptop. It just makes me realize even more that he is aware of me and knows who I am, and I am so grateful for this realization. This was the reminder I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I really do love them! I'm a slacker when it comes to responding, but it really makes my day to hear what you have to say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...